it took me $172 dollars total w/tax and $10 background check to put together a complete Anderson lower with a guntech parts kit, guntech 6 position predator stock and buffer assembly complete, mft eg16 pistol grip and a 30rd gen 3 pmag.
lower done
only issues I had with the guntech lower parts kit/Anderson receiver assembly
I had to center punch/peen the hammer and trigger pins to keep them from working out the receiver to the right side while doing numereous repeated functions checks
I only did this to the left side of the pins cause they only seemed to drift out to the right
i will see what happens for movement with those pins when I test fire it
if they work out to the left I will center punch and peen the other sides
had to file a tiny amount of the hole on the lower to allow the detent on the trigger guard to pop in
had to get a washer off slumlord for the pistol grip cause their was not one in the kit for some reason
problems cured.....
see what test firing reveals when I get it all done

im looking at spending 375-400ish tax included to build an upper with a m4 carbine barrel and detach carry handle

building this one for my daughter alexis who graduates rotc in college in may and commissions as a 2lt
wants to fly helicoptors

my other daughter Nicole is an army nurse
she brought home a dpms sportical she way over paid for 2 yrs ago at a lgs almost $700w/tax total
then I had to buy her an optic when she realized it had nothing for aiming at all
cause she just had to have one at the time.... to make her sister jealous
cause her sister out shot her at a range on fort Campbell
(alexis has shot since age 6 with me)
(the sportical is a pencil barreled overheating pos in my opinon)
I told her she should have asked me about buying an ar and I could have helped her out in her search or built one for her

but oh well
she has done enough to tick me off and piss me off a lot recently
so when alexis gets her dad built ar for around $525-550ish total with tax
she can go show her sister what dad made for her for $150 less than what she paid for her pos sportical

plus im also using the ar im building for alexis as my test crash dummy run for building myself one in the 750-800 tax included range in the future

never had an interest in owning a black rifle other than being an a user of one for 24 yrs in the infantry

but I think I can put together a good reliable accurate one
for chits and giggles just to have handy in the future

Last edited by renegade50; 09/21/15.