Pretty sure 2" off from field positions at 200 yards would not be something that I would notice, i thought I was a good shot but i'm certainly part of the 95% if that is the hurdle.

From the bench or maybe prone i would notice but a softball sized group at 200 yards off both knees or sticks is perfectly acceptable for a deer rifle. I practice with drinking water bottles at that distance but really don't care where on the bottle it hits as long as it blows up and waters the landscape.

I've had only one scope lose its zero a cheap swift decided to shift 8" up and 3" left at 100 yards during a Colorado mule deer hunt and at about 280 yards i missed the biggest buck I have ever seen through crosshairs. I'm sure that I scared the hell out of him 3 times but those big tracks were still moving well with no blood a mile away when they lost me. Even worse the rock i used to check at 80 yards was big enough to be hit so i thought it was all me choking the shot.

That allowed me to miss another buck at about the same distance the week i got home before i went to the range to get the bad news. After that i changed mounts, bought a zeiss conquest and a rangefinder and learned my lesson about cheap scopes.

If only it had shifted 8" left id still be talking about head shooting that monster buck at almost 300 yards.