When you say "plinking," that usually means shooting surplus ammo. If that's the case, then you'd be better off with the "rack grade" guns like the Standard, the Squad Scout or the Socom 16. That's because the tighter chambered models like the Loaded, NM, and the Super Match have tighter chambers which may not handle some of the cheaper surplus ammo.
Scope mounts are not permanent. But the conventional mounts, over the receiver, require a cheek pad to raise your eye for the high mounts for such a scope. The Scout and Socom models will take scout style scopes and require no such additions.
I have an Scout Squad. Shoots alot better than I thought it would. Groups 1.5 MOA or better are common with some of my handloads. Ditto for the Leupold 1.5-4X Scout Scope. Alot better an image than I thought it would have and very accurate adjustments.
They Socom and the Scout come with muzzle brakes and short barrels so they are loud. But nobody has complained to me about mine at my local gun club.
The Socom comes with a much wider front sight that shows up well in bad light. Odviously designed as a self defense rifle.
The trigger on mine was excellent right out of the box. E