I fell into this 257 Rob made by Glen Morovitz of Newell, SD about 5-6 years back. Glen stocked for Dakota Arms and a few others until he went off on his own. I was looking to build something, hopefully, as nice and found a gent in VA who deals in Pre 64 M70 actions. He asked what I was looking for so he sent me about 40 email pics a few hours after we talked and it was all I could do to keep my jaw off the floor. Glen made the rifle for him and some how, in the communication the LOP was about 1/2" too short so he sold it to me at a price I could not pass on. I've nearly sold it 2x but thankfully realized i'll never own a piece of wood like this for the rest of my life. It hates light or mono metal bullets but loves most anything 115 gr or heavier and either IMR 4350 and both 4831's. Finally killed a mulie doe last year up behind the house. With either the 115 BT or 120 PT, the drops line up perfectly with the B&C reticle in the 2.5-8 VX3.

When I was first doing load development I sent it out to Charley Santoni of CS Sports in Woodland, CA to let him look at it to see if he could help determine why it wouldn't shoot anything tight. He called a day after he got it and proclaimed it was the finest rifle he'd ever laid hand or eyes on. He asked to shoot it and proclaimed it was a temperamental whore when it came to mono metal bullets but it liked his standby load of 115 BT and IMR 4831.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by GSSP; 09/29/15.