Tried this in the gun smithing forum with little response so Ill give this a go with a few new spins. First off thanks for your input everybody.
I've been wanting a CZ 527 and 6.5 Grendel for a few years now.

After looking over the Howa's mini action options I still will prefer a CZ 527 for ligter weight and the set trigger. I picked up a couple green Mountain Midway F34 discontinued 1 in 9 twist Chrome Molly barrels with this project of mind. A CZ527 in 7.62 x 39 Will be the donor rifle.

My goal here is a lightweight carry rifle for deer hunting for myself and my son when he comes of age, hoping he takes interest. Would I be less than wise to ask the smith about profiling the F34 barrel to come close to fitting the existing stock, with a flared out muzzle to accommodate threads for a suppressor? Expect I will settle on a 21" to 21.5 barrel length.

For a finish on the barrel and action I'm looking at a Ferritic Nitro-Carburizing finish and I think I may get this done for the same or less money than a blue finish. Corrosion resistance durability and ease of cleaning the barrel look to be benefits that will come with the Melonite finish.

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com...treatment-for-barrels-bolts-and-actions/

Seems like there're been a lot of 6.5 Grendel's done on this 527 action. Still I'm a little concern and I'm wondering if pressure has something to do the reason CZ has not jumped on offering this as a factory rifle yet. If my research is correct chamber pressure for the 7.62 x 39 is approximately 15% less then the 6.5 Grendel.

What say ye Campfire Mentors, Anything I am overlooking or should re-consider b4 pulling the trigger on this project?

Thanks again for your input!

Last edited by Hunterapp; 09/29/15.

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control

& Proverbs 21:19