My folks have gone a couple times when we had a former horse in the show. Their impression was crowds, lines, and the Rodeo was commercialized from a traditional rodeo.

It's a Vegas trip, take in a show, review the schedule for anybody you want to see perform, and plan it out.

If you plan walking the Strip, it's a decent walk. The Bellagio fountains are pretty neat - especially at night, and the Treasure Island pirate battle is usually crowded.

IMHO, the worst public part of the Strip: you may have to deal with the "poppers" on the sidewalk passing out the coupons and ads for the "more adult" entertainment in Vegas. Generally, a large number of non-English speaking males, with a hand full of cards that they rub the edges of card across their other hand, "popping" the cards as they rush up to your family and try to press the cards into your hands.

The cards get dropped on the sidewalk, and some are pretty graphic. I was stationed close by for a while, the enforcement of the advertising ban/content was on and off at different times. There times when you'd get 20 separate poppers or more approaching you in a block, and times when the streets were pretty clear of them.

I used to like Fremont Street Experience, in the old town historic area of Vegas, you could kinda get the "Rat Pack" feeling of the original Vegas. The light show there is pretty amazing for the family aspect.

Last edited by AH64guy; 10/02/15.