The actual law hinges on what a "shoulder stock" is.

In this thread, among knowledgeable gun enthusiasts, there was confusion about what the brace was because it looks like a shoulder stock. So it looks like a shoulder stock, and you use it like a shoulder stock.

Does anyone here want to try to convince a jury that the thing that looks like a shoulder stock and you used just like a shoulder stock, ISN'T a shoulder stock? Good luck with that.

The jury will see it for what it is, a failed and ridiculous attempt at acquiring an SBR without the hassle and expense of an ATF stamp.

I hate that the law exists as it is and I would never enforce it. But it is what it is. And people need to fully comprehend exactly what the law is, how their actions will be perceived and how those two things will affect them before they decide what course of action to take.

I'd love to throw up a big middle finger to the ATF and live life with an unregistered SBR slung over my shoulder. But that wouldn't be fair to my wife and kids who are depending on me to be there for them. So $200 (or in my case a 16" barrel) are worth being able to watch my kids grow up.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling