Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by EZEARL
Have a friend who bought a used one in .308 off some guy on the Eastern Shore of Maryland 5 or 6yrs ago. Came from the factory with a synthetic stock and 22" mountain rifle contour bbl. I WILL have it one day.

I have rebarreled several 7s with 22" 700 LSS-MR barrels, but have never seen that configuration in a factory-made rifle.

I posted about this rifle back when he got it. I ended up contacting Remington. Remington and Dupont owned land on the Eastern Shore where executives and clients would hunt. The rep ran the serial # and found that rifle was registered has having an 18.5" bbl. He said more than likely what happened was one of the executives pulled the action off the assembly line and had a 22" bbl installed. He said it was not unusual for this to happen. How the rifle got into public hands we don't know but he said that a lot of times the executives would give the rifle away as a tip. My friend's not a rifle looney and he didn't know what he was seeing so didn't inquire about its history. Don't remember what he paid for it but then I can't believe what he tells me when it comes to him buying firearms. He gets ripped off a good bit on firearms deals.