There's been a few posts on Remington pumps lately, so I thought I'd add this one to the mix. I've had it in the safe for awhile...a minty Rem 760 in 6mm Rem. While there's lots of .243 760s out there, a nice 760 from the '70's in 6mm is a rare bird. Since I'm a lefty and always liked Remington pumps, buying this was a no-brainer.

Now that I'm off active duty (retired finally), I have the time to shoot as well as run errands for the ball-and-chain. I was looking for a factory load that would be a good TX deer-slayer. After lots of testing, I found that the regular, blue-box Federal 100 grain soft-points shot superbly. What's also nice is that this load is AVAILABLE. Most everything else is hard to find or discontinued in 6mm. I used my Cabela's points and stocked up on 200 rounds of this load; along with the rebate from Federal, I'm actually ahead. 200 rounds should last me the rest of my shooting days. It'll make a nice pig and deer rifle from a stand.
Bob

I had a mint, unused 25 year-old Leupold 3-9x Vari-X II that I mounted, with Leupold rings and base. It's low over the bore and looks pretty good. Notice the lack of wear on the action bars. That'll change. [Linked Image]

Close up of the Leupold mount. A great all-steel mount for the 6mm. Looks good and mounts low.
[Linked Image]

5 shots, Fed blue box 100 grainers. I bought a bunch, but it's still available in most large shops. The trigger on this Remington is pretty good for a pump, too...4 lbs, no creep, with a nice roll-off. Not a 1 lb Jewel trigger, but OK for a hunting rifle.
[Linked Image]

Total retro...shiny finish, white spacers, skip-line impressed checkering. I like it, though. A lefty's dream.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by RGK; 10/04/15.