Originally Posted by Biggs300
Nice camp! Great design. Makes this city-boy wonder why I spent so much on a tipi and stove.

So you can carry it on your back, set it up anywhere, pack it in or out in one trip and the whole shebang weighs less than just one of those tarps.
However, as far as a semi-permanent setup that is a pretty comfortable looking setup the OP has, as long as one is content to hunt from one place all season. I doubt those plastic tarps would last more than about two seasons though, they break down pretty quick.

But stink on me, I don't even have a backpack hunt planned this year. Rock Chuck and his llamas will be without me. Things didn't work so well this year for a cross country pack trip for me. I'll probably be sleeping in a bed and hunting out of a tree...sigh...

BTW, the silnylon tarp idea RC posted ^above^ is good advice. You could build your framework and then packe the tarps in and out on each trip to preserve them from damage and the bulk and weight of several sil-nylon tarps would be less than one of those plastic jobs.

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

Originally Posted by Calvin
As far as gear goes.. The poorer (or cheaper) you are, the tougher you need to be.

gpopecustomknives.com