Originally Posted by Ringman
catorres1,

I have a .375-.416 Rem Mag with a 28" barrel. I mention the barrel so you know why I am able to get 3,185 feet per second with Barnes TTSX 250's. The Burris Signatures hold the 18 ounce scope just fine. No slipping or changing point of impact.

Wow, that is smokin'! I usto have a 375 h&h, got my 250's up to 29 or 2950, can't remember. Never did hit pressure signs, but did get a headache and decided that was quite enough.

I never could get the accuracy I wanted from that rifle, regardless of the load so sent it on down the road.

Anyway, I know what kind of recoil you are experiencing. If it works on that, it'll be fine on my little 300.

I was just on their site looking at versions of their signature rings. I like the look of the aluminum XTR signatures. But they list the minimum height as 1 inch. That seems really high for the shortest ring. Once that mounts on a rail, that's gotta be really tall if they are measuring the same way Vortex or TPS measures their rings (top of the base to center of the ring).

The lowest steel signature zee shows .77.

Which set do you have and what height and how's it working for you?