Originally Posted by romad97
I started working up a load for my 223 ackley this past weekend. I got 4 different sources for my min max using a 62 gr barnes ttsx and cfe223. Hodgdons website was the highest at 27 gr which shows a velocity of 3,200 fps. I understand that these numbers are with a 24" 1:12 twist and I am running a 22" 1:8 twist so my numbers will be slightly less. However, at hodgdons max load recommendation I am barely getting 3,000 fps. There were no signs of pressure so I ran some more bullets up by .1 gr each until I hit 28 gr. Although I saw no effects of over pressure I still felt as though I should probably stop becouse I just don't like to push things when it comes to safety. But, even at 28 gr I am only getting 3,108 fps, almost 100 below what hodgdon shows at a grain less. So, what is more important in terms of safety, my chrono numbers or pressure signs in my brass? I am not a speed freak, more of an accuracy freak actually but, when using the barnes bullets I like to get max speed out of them as this produces better bullet performance on the all coppers.

Same old schit...different day,nary a firsthand reply about the melding in question and a buncha' fhuqking Whining to boot.

Firstly,CFE,TAC,etc are gonna leave you wanting. Hint.

Secondly,all of my 223AI's will eat 28grs of '335 and make 3400fps in formed R/P hulls with 400's and a moly smooch.

Thirdly,the "Pressure Woes" are contrived nonsense and finally Accurate Powders(of all people),has submitted 62K PSI 5.56/223 data. I always thunked it funnier than fhuqk,that them who are in a hurry to throw the Pressure Flag and scream "Foul!","think" that folks gun 223 and 223AI at different pressures,to sweeten the pot. FUNNY schit!

Fourthly,besides putting store in the wrong propellant,you are in wayyyyyyyy over your fhuqking head and barely running on 3 cylinders.

Fifthly,none of these Stupid Fhuqkers shoot anything other than their mouths and Imaginations...if only obviously.

Sixthly,a chronograph WILL reliably keep your lips hooked to your face.

Seventhly,read your rifle,not an arbitray "Manual" for a chambering different from your's.

Eightly,as per the Law Of Averages,a Custom spout in a given chambering,will make like pressure with less propellant,due simply to minimized dimensioning in the chamber,throat and bore. I really enjoyed the notion above,wheree some dumb Fhuqk cited someone gunning 10 different OEM rifles and got 10 different speeds and nary a pressure reading to corroborate the fhuqking obvious. That being,as dimensional tolerancing ran the gamut,so did velocity...meaning PRESSURE. If all the barrels were operating at 55K PSI,the differences would be dick nothing. Hint.

'Bout wheels up,so it's a wrap.

Kiss,find pressure and rock on. Schit is easy,if you let it be.

Hint.