Back in 1980 and my senior year in high school I stopped on a duck drowning rainy night in a similar situation. The guy has blown the engine on an old van and he had a dog with him also. He needed to get to Caney, Kansas and the town was up the road from where I was headed so I offered a ride to as far as I was going. As soon as that batsh!t crazy bastard got in my truck he started talking all kinds of crazy [bleep] about the people he killed in the war and voices he heard in his head. At that point I started screaming about wanting to kill myself, punched the gas to the floor and started weaving all over the road talking about hitting a bridge abutment and going out in a fireball. This dude started begging me to not kill myself, to slow down and then he demanded that I stop or he was going to jump out. I slammed on the breaks and before I could come to a complete stop he jumped out and called his dog and fled into the dark and damp night. Once I quit shaking I started laughing my a$$ off and went on my way much wiser than I had been.

Perry