Originally Posted by powdr
Most bass fishermen use them to fish at night in the clear highland lakes here in Texas. Fishing for bass at night is somewhat popular here especially surrounding the full moon in June, July, and August. powdr

Exactly. We use them not to illuminate the bank although some lights do shine just barely enuff to see the outline of the bank from your boat. But they shine away from your boat over the water and make florescent line glow like a neon sign. That way you can watch your line for bites and see better what your lure is doing by what your like is doing.

Many of our lakes are deep and clear and very tough during daytime but take on a different personality at night. We fish at night all the way through October for smallmouth. I fished the last 3 nights and done very well except last night, only 1 largemouth but I didn't have to measure it and only fished for about an hour. It's October and it was warm enuff to fish without a shirt. Crazy weather! I can very much understand why you Texas boys fish at night, with the heat y'all get.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner