More waste of Tax Payer Dollars

The federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) has begun an official investigation into the lack of women behind the cameras on Hollywood movie sets.

The EEOC has reportedly sent letters to roughly 50 female directors urging them to share any stories they may have of facing discrimination in the workplace, reports Deadline.

“We greatly appreciate your willingness to share your personal stories and the obstacles which you have faced in pursuit of success within your profession,” reads the letter sent out last week by the EEOC’s Marla Stern-Knowlton.

In its letter, the organization said it would “continue to vigorously enforce Title VII’s nondiscrimination requirements. Title VII prohibits covered employers from discriminating on the basis of sex.”

Several of the women who received the letter voiced their support of the federal investigation.

“I would like the EEOC to take legal action against the studios, the networks and the commercial production companies to make them comply with the law,” commercial director Lori Precious told Deadline. “I hope they force people to change the way they do business because Hollywood is not exempt from the law.”

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.