Originally Posted by Ringman
doubling down on the stupid doesn't make you smart...

Kiding about folks who don't agree with you is "doubling down on the stupid"? I should have known. But then being stupid, how could I?

I realize you languish in obtuse and this is a clear case of just not getting it. Sadly I have to be pedantic for you to stand a chance of getting it, but I will try anyway.

Virtually any scope can be put on virtually any firearm and it will paste crosshairs somewhere. But the OP specified a 375 and that parameter starts limiting the scopes generally associated with varmint rifles. Why would you shoot varmint size critters with a very large caliber bullet?

Obviously most shooters would not.

So it is obvious the target will be larger when the rifle is used for what it is best suited. 16x becomes ridiculous quickly. Unless you want to pull your usual admitted stunt glassing with your scope....

As a DGR the notion that your brush is special is, well, it is special... the notion crap hanging off rifles does not get hung up is even more special. The OP asked about setting up a rifle of a particular capacity, not exactly a DGR, but that is part of what makes the caliber great. And starting into the pucker brush following a wounded black bear can be tense enough.

Why not put that 4-16 on a 22lr? It would be as perfect a fit as the 375Ruger...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.