sounds like a friend's father-in-law a few years back. i'd say he is around 50yrs old and had never hunted before.he decided he wanted to hunt after seeing the son-in-law bringing deer home . they bought him a cheap 270 rifle . he started to shoot for the first time and he could hardly keep it on a 12in target at 100yds. he finally decided he could hit a deer so they went hunting,well he missed the first 2 he shot at. he then brought the gun to my house so i could make sure it would shoot. i checked everything to make it right ,scope mounts and bases.i then shot a 1 1/2in group at 100yds with it. i finally got him shooting pretty well with it by coaching him with every shot. a week later he managed to kill a small basket rack 6pt at 75 yards. you would have thought he'd shot a world record deer. he brought it to my house so i could see it. he told me that what ever i did to his gun that i had fixed it.he is still hunting and has killed 2 more deer sense then. nice to see someone at that age get that excited about the sport. it really gave him something to live for because he has had throat cancer sense before he started hunting .so far he's been thru 3 rounds of treatments but he's still ready to hunt this season.