You may remember that about 4 years ago, Lipsey ordered a special run of No. 1As in .30-30. I think only 250 were ever made.

I thought long and hard about getting one, but decided to hold off until I heard a few reports about how they shot, accuracy, etc.

Well, despite constantly checking the internet, no shooting reviews were ever posted. The rifles were snatched up, and then there was dead silence.

So what happened? Did everybody who bought one just put them away in their collections, in unfired condition? Nobody, as far as I can tell, has ever published an actual benchrest test or field report on this rifle in .30-30.

Why am I bringing this up? Because I found one, NIB, but with pretty plain wood, that the guy is willing to let go in the $800 to $900 range. (He bought two when they first came out, but is keeping the one that arrived in Circassian Walnut.)

Frankly, since nobody ever writes squat about this rifle in this caliber, I don't know if $800 to $900 is a fair price or not.

And, (I know that this will make you sick), but I want one to shoot and hunt with. (Yea, I know, after I pull the trigger once, it'll worth $400 less.)

If anybody has any actual expertise regarding this rifle, either as a collector or shooter, whether good or bad, please post some comments.

I would rather have a used one in VG+ condition, but you never see used ones for sale.

Thanks for all info.

Mannyrock