Of course, I should have said a "cheap reline artist"! I have a Savage Model 219 single shot barrel that WAS a new condition .22 Hornet until some genius back in the day rechambered it to .219 Zipper.

I have nothing against the Zipper; the rechamber made (some) sense back when Zipper ctgs. were fairly readily available. Now it doesn't and I'd like to get it back to .22 Hornet. I used to use Mark Boenke for this but haven't been able to get hold of him--called his number but it's been a LONG time and he may just not be interested in more work.

So I'm looking for somebody who will reline the barrel back to .22 Hornet specs for $300-350. The few quotes I've gotten so far have been 'way over that--too much for a 219 in my book. If I had a shop or access to one, I'd do it myself. I don't and I don't want to set up to reload .219 when I'm all set up for the Hornet.

Any suspects? Is Sonny France still working? What say ye?

P.S. yes, I know I can get chamber insert for .219 and shoot .22 Magnums.

P.P.S. And I DO have a blank 219 extractor that can be chamber reamer cut to .22 Hornet so the reline doesn't have to include an extractor rebuild.

Last edited by Mesa; 10/12/15.

Was Mike Armstrong. Got logged off; couldn't log back on. RE-registered my old call sign, Mesa.
FNG. Again.
Mike Armstrong