Originally Posted by Dog_River
They filmed that movie around Banff Alberta and I just happened to be around town at the time. I met quit a few extras from the movie. They said Charles was a real arrogant guy while Lee Marvin was just one of the boys and like to swill back beers in the Banff Springs Hotel.

I have also spent quite a bit of time in the Yukon and read a learned lots of information about the Mad Trapper. Quite a guy. Even after forensics they still have no idea who the guy was. I even spoke to a native guy from Aklavik, NWT who's relatives where in on the chase claim most of the accounts on how the story actually started are false. They claim it was all over a woman. Imagine that !

Dog_River

Back in the olden days when I was in the service and on the east coast some of the guys around me went to the Big Apple and were having a beer at some pub/bar. Lee Marvin came in and bought drinks for everyone. The announcer for Johnny Carson (Ed McMahon) used to do that, too.

Heard the same about Charles Bronson from a relative who lived near him and ran into him at a grocery store.

Retired cat herder.