Originally Posted by abbydog
Valsdad,

Take a look at the Wirehaired Pointing Griffon. I started out looking at DD and a client introduced me the the SNENAVDA club in Connecticut. I joined and the only guy without a dog! Lots of Griff's in the club.

My purpose is similar, I want to work 3 days a week vs 5 in two years and get a dog that will hunt upland, ducks and geese.

I want to ensure I have make the time for myself and the dog. My son will also take part in the training excercises.

I did run into a cross between a PP and a Lab down in Rhode Island this summer - lots off PP, chest of a lab, great disposition.

I am still between a DD and Griff.

Thanks abby,

I've looked into those Griffons online also. Not sure where I'll end up, but in a few years(hopefully only about 3.5), I'll get to make a decision.

I told the wife when we were first going together I eventually wanted 27 dogs...
A man needs a couple of labs, chessies, or some such water dogs, one trained, the other learning,
A man needs a few scent hounds for running stuff.
A man could always use a a good upland dog with w/ a learner in the background like the water digs.
A man would enjoy two or so of the sighthound variety for chasing down fast critters. And just to watch them run like they were "designed". (nothing quite like our whippets in full flight)
A man could always use a coupla beagle dogs for bunnies.
A man needs a watch/guard dog or two around the homestead.
And a man should not forget the joys of a lapdog and its companion.

Am I up to 27 yet guys?

Can't tell I like can't live without dogs in my life, can ya'? wink

Geno

PS, good luck with your dogs everyone. Enjoy your hunts this year and always

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?