OK lets focus on the Grendel project. Removal of the 7.62 x 39 barrel was truly a PIA IMHO up to the point the original barrel was broke loose.

Then things seem be going better from there. once broke loose original barrel threaded off easy as you might hope for. New barrel threaded equally as easy. checked head space at hand tight with a PTG Go gauge and tape. two thicknesses turned out to make for a snug bolt closing.
Torqued the barrel at an estimated 25 ft lbs of force.Then re-checked head space with 1 thickness of tape and found head space to be quit snug.

Dropped the barreled action back into the original stock and she was truly a free floated near perfect fit.

Only issue I have here came as no surprise to me the action needs to be bedded. Suppose I could have a gun smith look her over though I am confident she is ready to go after a bedding job and a good cleaning & mounting a scope.

Ok off to bedding the stock and start a load work up. followed by a barrel break in.dare say she will be ready for some load work up by or b4 next week.

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control

& Proverbs 21:19