So I sold my Marlin 375 and bought a brand spankin' new Marlin 1895G in 45-70. Arrived with a non-folding, folding rear sight and a plug screw that was horribly cross threaded. Marlin sent me a new rear sight, so that fixed that, it folds out of the way now. I drilled and re-tapped the plug screw (8-40, if anyone needs to know) and THAT turned out perfectly, although I don't know why E-Z-Outs have the name that they do, they should be called; "Screw You, I'ma 'bout to break" outs, but that's another story.

So I finally get her to the range and the trigger that I sorta thought felt rough, really felt bad while trying to sight her in. Trigger Happy trigger set on the way from Brownells. Okay, I understand that Remlin can't be bothered with fitting or QA or non-value-added tripe such as any of that, but...

Now to my latest problem: With Winchester 325 Gr Ballistic Silvertips, or Privi-Partisan 405's, I can't seem to get a smooth cycle on this thing, the round starts into the chamber mouth and the rear starts up against the bolt face, and then everything just kind of grinds to an abrupt halt. If I cycle it what I think of as "hard and fast", either round will go most times.

It puts a sharp cut line in the brass just below the crimp, about a quarter to 3/8" down, about 3/8" wide. Man, I hate to stand slap in the middle of Marlin country and bitch about their product, but... this gun's been a challenge!

Okay, so I guess I'll consider this a project gun, can anyone suggest what might be going on with the feed cycle and tell me if it's something I can tweak on? A reference, You Tube, anything? In spite of all, more than anything, I'd like to get her running right and shoot her, she's accurate enough to like.

Last edited by OMCHamlin; 10/24/15.