Originally Posted by Swifty52
A.S the AR shooters around here love the 8208 popping 55's and heavier. BR guys have shied away from it, they are still shooting N133 in the 6 ppc for best results, although have seen a few going to LT32/ LT30 out to the 300. 30 BR guys absolutely love the 32/30 powders.
While I did get good groups and matched book velocity for a max charge of 8208 for 52 - 55 gr. my ES and SD's were double what I got with the same charge of benchmark plus a 100 fps slower.
I shied away from 8208 after getting a fail to extract, stiff bolt lift and backed out primers while shooting a 25 round match with 30 min time limit on a 90 + degree day.
LT32/30 is still tops in the 223 for groups/ ES/SD although lacking in velocity. Benchmark is a happy medium in between 8208 and LT series. IMO

Swifty, thanks for the tip.

Last weekend I turned a good group with Benchmark and 40gr Nosler varmagedon HP's. I'll give the 8208 a try with the 64gr BSB's as well.

thanks again.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell