Wife got a new car and it was due its first oil change. Dealer is some 40 miles away so decided to take it to Walmart. Got to Walmart at 6:30 PM and young fellow informs me that I will have to come back tomorrow because there were 2 vehicles in front of me and they close at 7 PM and they estimated it would be 7 PM when they got those 2 vehicles completed. I know better than waste my time talking to a 17/18 year old so I ask to talk to the manager. Manager apologizes and said they would definitely change my oil and says it was a misunderstanding. I turn over my remote (no key) push button start and wander aimlessly around Walmart for about 30 minutes.

I hear my name being paged in the Service Dept so I meet one of the oil changing guys who informs me they cannot change my oil because they do not show my 2016 vehicle in there computer so they do not know the correct oil filter it needs. I can sort of understand so I tell them I will get on my computer at home and look up what filter is needed and come back tomorrow.

Next day at 8:30 AM I arrive back at Walmart with the oil filter information in hand and am greeted by all new people in the Service Dept. The head oil changer meets me and I explain what happened last night and he informs me that Walmart cannot service any vehicle that does not appear in their computer. He stated it was a liability issue and it sometimes takes 6-9 months to get new car information in their computer. Tom