Afraid my waist grows at a much faster rate than my thighs. Also, I got out the measuring tape and confirmed what I knew to be true. I don't remember the exact measurements but there is a significant difference in the thigh area. Here are reviews from others, all in 2015, which looks like when the change occured.

Not what they used to be
September 22, 2015
I wanted another pair of these pants because my other pair have been used hard and are showing their age (approximately 7 years of archery and spring turkey use). The new pair is a lighter, cheaper material and the cut is not even close. The thighs are so tight that I can't even sit in my treestand. They will be going back and I will wear my old pair until they fall apart, unless Cabela's brings the old style back. If I had known this, I would have bought a second pair the first time.

Wrong Cut
July 22, 2015
I am 6' 1" 195lbs., and I ordered a Medium-Tall shirt and a 34"-Tall pants in the same pattern. The shirt fit perfectly, but the pants were cut like a pair a skinny jeans; no way could I sit in them, much less even try to crouch or make any sort of hunting movement(s). I sent them back for a refund, and I guess I'll have to keep shopping. I'm normally a huge fan of Cabela's gear, but these pants let me down.

Very nice but a little snug for size
September 17, 2015
I have a 36" waist and ordered the same but found it to be very snug compared to my jeans and 5.11 pants.

Wrong fit for me
June 18, 2015
The fit on these pants are just to constricting for me. Seem to be more of a fashion cut vs a hunting cut. These will be going back. It's to bad because I ordered a tall shirt and it is perfect! But I want them as a set so it goes back to. I do give Cabelas a big thumbs up for having tall sizes so I do not have to buy shirts a larger size to get the sleave length.

Horrible horrible horrible pants
January 13, 2015
DONT BUY THESE PANTS! The cut on these pants is absolutely horrible. The material across the front of the thighs is so tight I can't lift one leg higher than boot height. I think I will get a heat rash on my thighs during the first warm weather hunt due to the constant rubbing of material on my legs. The Microtex materiel is no good for warm to hot weather. I put the Microtex shirt and pants on in my lounge room (around 30 degrees C) and I started sweating! I dont know how cabelas think this is a warm weather pants, I would return these to Cabelas in the US but I live in Australia. Can't say how disappointed I am.