Originally Posted by Savage99F358

One point you're missing.... since the thread started as the 99F 358, restocking is not an option for a collector grade 99 and not as easy an undertaking with a lever gun.

Savage99F358

I doubt I will ever call mine a collector gun (figure it can't be worth more than a few hundred dollars anyway), so I will just modify the stock to fit me best... throw on a cheap Kahles, XV III or Minox and shoot her.

I try very hard to keep everything in my world black and white. This gun is a middle grey for some... i.e. spend $700-$800 on a refinish/restock and well... you have a $900/$1000 99F. For me she is just a "farm Jeep"... use her, have fun and don't look back. Not all old guns are worth excessive effort. Many disagree, but just where I am on things.

Thanks to all for the opinions. After shooting her, I am pretty sure she will take deer and maybe even black bears.

The magazine spring is weak though and should be upgraded. She hangs the last round. If anyone has a spare spring I sure would appreciate a PM about a price.

Be well and thanks again for all the knowledge.

Last edited by CashisKing; 11/04/15.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.