back when I was in the service, I took the weekend off and went up to Vancouver BC...

stayed at the Youth Hostel there... and met two Canucks a little older than me.. they had become good friends, due to the fact that they had both crossed the border and joined the Marines to fight in Vietnam...

me being American and serving in the Army, they were real very respectful toward me... I was the same in return, but I was proud to have met both of these gentlemen...

my time working in Canada, when doing work with Canadian veteran organizations, I was always treated with respect by the Canadian Veterans that I was doing work with...

Several times we did project for Canadian Veterans Homes....

We ended up getting the bids, and our competitors were really complaining to the client, that they had gone 'with an American'... instead of them being Canadians.. and were appealing the bid on that basis...

Each time the response from the client was...The American is representing a Canadian company... and even if he was representing an American Company, he still was the most sensitive to what our needs actually were... and he could relate to them better... besides, he's a veteran also... your company's people weren't...

I was always treated very well by fellow veterans in Canada...and was ALWAYS welcomed at a Canadian Legion Hall, even if I had just stopped by for a soda and to use their men's room...

on this Day, I sincerely and respectfully salute each and every Canadian Veterans....