I live in Mich. and can telly you how to set up a 460 s&W. First you get your encore frame, then you order the MGM 24 in bbl. with a full bull contour - 1.0" all the way no taper, you get the four screw mount for three rings on it. Then you buy the boyds composite stocks for it, free float the foreend with pillars or you get some rubber washers, then you top with your scope of choice, (if it were me I like the leupold 6x fixed). Then you take your barnes original 300 semi spitzer size it to 452-453., stuff it full of H110. Wala, 200 yard plus deer thumper for the lower slug zone. 1.0 inch groups no problem at 100, minute of pop can at 250. Recoil yes, but if you want the performance you need to take the recoil. This set is pleasant to shoot until you start getting your 300 grain bullets barnes orignials sized, horn xtps in the 2300 fps range, then things start to get a little harsh. If you want the performance you need the weight, the factory barrels Katadyn (sp) are too light for the 460 / 500 unless you are a glutton for punishment. This set up is heavy, not for woods stalking. This is a bean/cornfield rifle. The other good options seems to be the 357 max. or 44 super mag, 450 bush, 45 raptor in a rifle.