MD - I was hoping you'd chime in - I've read your articles on the Bob in the past. I also recall your grandmother, I think, shot a Bob.

Good info to know about regular and +P brass. I was a bit confused because the Bob is built off the 7x57 case - and I've shot lots of +P 7x57 loads in several commercial and military M98's. I never had an issue.

I've had issues in the past with the 25 cal TSX. I launched the 100 gr from a 25-06 at significant velocity and was less than impressed with their terminal performance. I've talked to Ty at Barnes and am willing to give the TTSX a try, mainly because the TSX versions have always shot very well in my rifles. I still always lean Partition.........

In my 25-06, I had a hard time getting 3 Partitions to stay inside 1.5". I'm leaning 115-120 Part for this gun running at 2850-2900 or so from a 22" barrel. SubMOA isn't really required but is always nice. I somehow managed to kill a decent 8pt with my 25-06 and 1.5" 115 gr Partitions the year I used it. I shot it laying down at ~ 60 yards. It never regained its feet. It flopped around for about 10 feet but was dead in short order. Partitions have always worked for me.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.