I'm retired since April of this year and have more time on my hands than what-is-good-for-me, and enjoying every minute...
I have always wanted to take my favorite scopes that I use frequently, and set them up side-by-side on a 100 yard target (or so) and see which ones allowed my old eyes to see the most detail quickly/easily, with the least eye-strain. So, I did that today, with very surprising results!
Here's the test:
-- Had a bright day today, and I have a great birch tree about 100 yards from my back deck with all sorts of "detail" on the bark... various colors, imperfections, moss of different types, sizes, scars on the bark, etc., so I used it for the "target".
-- The scopes I used for comparison, which I sand-bagged and pointed-to the same section of tree, all at 9 power (for fairness) were:
- 3x9 Zeiss Conquest MC (5 yrs old)
- 3.5 x 10 Leupold VX III CDS (6 months old)
- 6 x 18 Vortex Viper HS LR (1 year old)
- 6 x 24 Tasco World Class Plus (20 yrs old, use for load-work-up)

So, after setting them at approx 9 power, the test began, and I really switched back and forth looking at all the details each scope was seeing, and judging my view of "clarity", "detail", and "lack of eye-strain".

Here's the results:
#1: The Zeiss... just ahead of number 2
#2: The Leupold: AND The Tasco!!!
#4" The Vortex

note: All of the above scopes were very, very satisfactory on their results, and are all "keepers", so all are still "in the club"...

Yep, the surprise to me of the day, was how high the Tasco came in, and I checked my results by changing position of the most-detailed target I could get, which differentiated the most.

Wow, who would have thought!!

With all the abuse Tasco gets on the internet, I felt like buying it a Christmas present of some type... maybe a better set of lens covers.... wink
Cheers!

“Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.”
--- Will Rogers