If anyone would like to share their 2015 hunt/pics I'm sure there are lots of folks who would love to read their story.
I'll go first.
I got this buck with my Bow about a week and a half ago, not a monster but a personal best for stick and string.
I was in my stand, and late afternoon I saw lots of deer moving on adjacent ridges, with one big 5x5 WT in the draw below me with a hot doe he wasn't leaving alone. they moved off kinda in my direction, but after 30 minutes of no show I gave up on them and continued to glass. I was facing downwind because of the high wind gusts that had come up when I heard a deep grunt, I turned and saw a doe dash by at 25 yards. I grabbed my bow from it's peg and turned and drew. sure enough that buck (I thought) was hot on her trail. I had to grunt at him 3 times before he stopped at 35 yards. I let fly and nailed him through the heart with a muzzy 100 gr broadhead. he dashed straight down the ridge for about a 100 yards before piling into a cedar. had to bone him out to get him home.
[Linked Image]

Fast forward to Rifle opener (last weekend) and I hunt some heavily hunted public land. opening morning I saw a decent 4x4 WT but wasn't going to punch my tag in the first 10 minutes of season. saw a bunch of does, way more hunters than deer and went home thinking I shoulda taken the nice buck I saw early.
Sunday evening I go out with my wife, I let her pick the stand she wants. she opted for a draw between two corn fields on another piece of public ground. I go to the top of a ridge overlooking a dry irrigation ditch and the fields way below me. when I get to the spot I'm going to sit I see a buck dash out of the small stand of cedars and down through the irrigation ditch. Halfway up the other side he stops (facing away), me already on one knee was on him, *click* forgot to chamber a round. I cycle the bolt quickly and as he turns to dash away I put a 95 grain NBT between the base of his ears, no ruined meat and DRT. not a big one, but plenty good for the area I was at, and yummy for the freezer. Now to get mama one...

[Linked Image]

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.