Things to know -

1) You will run out of engery before they do.

2) No rough housing, especially if you get the bigger dog from the litter. It will only make them more aggressive.

3) Patients patients, patients,.. rinse and repeat

This little bugger I got responds well to a soft hand, but if you fight him OMG it's going to be a long "testing" period.

I finally remembered, if he's doing something I don't like just stand up and start walkikng away... Give him a job (fetch and find it) and he's happy as a clam.

It took me 3-4 days to get him figured out, probably the same amount of time for him to figure me out. It's hard not to treat him like a person - dang cute and cuddly little creature.

So far -

- Fetch day one, he learned to give almost immediately.j
- He's not scared of much, had a leaf blower in the yard next to us kick up, he looked at me like "should I be scared of that" - on it's OK, good boy and we were walking along ignoring it.
- No "stick" in my yard is safe, he's on them and is always carrying something.
- Man do he love bird dogging, he runs the hedges that are full of leaves every single time we go out... SWEET.
- 100% nose, He just started looking at stuff, mostly he's all about his nose - should be a great dog.
- No barking so far (it's only been a week), he did howl once or twice but mostly he'll wine if he's lonely.

Spot