AK416,

I too, have had Charlie do work for me. His stock painting service was decent. Cerakote job, not so great(The barrel on my rifle came back with orange peel on several spots indicating that the cerakote had been applied too thick). Everytime I pick up that rifle it still bothers me.

I elected not to send my rifle back to him to be redone because I had a sneaking suspicion that I might not get it back. He pulled the same crap on me that it sounds like you are going through(kept promising it'd be shipped first thing next week). Took 4-6 weeks longer to get my rifle back(no response to emails or phone messages etc). His reputation used to be great but he seems to have changed his tune for the worst over the past couple of years.

Good luck. Hopefully all will work out but I'd be pushing the issue a bit harder with him if it were my rifle. I'll never use him again. There are plenty of good folks out there that do better work in a timely fashion. Just my experience.

I'll eventually have Eddie Fosnaugh(one of the good folks) redo the Cerakote on my rifle as I know from past experience he is a perfectionist and will get my rifle back to me without stringing me along.

Best wishes,

Leftybolt

Last edited by leftybolt; 11/23/15.