I own four .30-30s, three .30-06s, two .270s and one each of a dozen or so other rifles.

Of the whole bunch, I have a .308 built by FN for Browning as a Safari on the small ring Mauser with a pencil barrel. The butt is an inch short and it was crudely floated. I bought it as a doner, then I shot it. Wow! Three at 5/8" or less @ 100, using a 4X Zeiss is the norm. This rifle works from fifty to five hundred using the cheapest Federal 150s. What more could one ask?

The above rifle's back-up is an identical .243, except it is in nice original condition and lately wears a Bushnell 4200 3-9. Stoked with 100 NPs, it is also accurate and kills deer size game really well.

These rifles are not perfect. The action will accommodate an '06 length case, but they are close enough for me. Quality production and going strong since 1963, IIRC.

Jack

Last edited by jt402; 11/24/15.

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero