Originally Posted by ShortMagFan
Not sure anything will help 6 days of torrential downpours bearable

I finally gave in and bought some true rain gear after getting drenched in an early season bow hunt this year. I bought Cabelas Rain Suede and have been very happy with it

First use was standing in 6 hours of steady rain during the Georgia Alabama football game pre game and game back in early October. I was basically dry at the end much to my pleasure and surprise

I then used it again a couple of weeks ago. Left the house in a torrential downpour because the radars said the storm was passing at about sunrise and I wanted to be in the stand. Rode an ATV a couple miles thru the downpour, including thru some roads overgrown with 5 foot soaking wet pines. It rained off and on all morning. Not only did I stay dry, I also had deer within 50 yards of me all morning and the fabric was plenty quiet

So far my only regret is not buying it sooner. I think I paid about $250 for the pants and the parka. They run big too. large fit me fine whereas I am nornally an XL in everything else

I've used Cabela's Rain Suede sine 2004. Not sure if it's the best, but it works well.

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.