Originally Posted by doctor_Encore
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
I bloodied my .30/30 this year, too. Just a meat doe, though. I used a Leupold M8-4X on mine. It worked fine.

I didn't even bother to load for it, I bought "shells" at the store (the horror of it all!!!).

Mine isn't as pretty as yours, , mine has "character" as defined by the previous owner letting it rust up a bit. Shoots pretty good, though.

Speaking of buying "shells" at the store. One of the finest factory loads for hunting whitetail ever devised, is the Remington 170 grain Core Lokt HOLLOW POINT. Holy moly!! I like loading for the 30 WCF, but there is really no need.

Does Remington even offer the 170 gr core-lokt hollow point any longer?

Doc

We have two Wal-Mart Super Centers where I live and each year in the past before hunting season they always had plenty of Remington Core-Lokt ammo available in the more common calibers including .35 Remington.

This year they didn't have any ammo sitting out. Nothing. The lady behind the counter was clueless. I don't know what Remington is doing now because in the past they would make a once yearly run on less common ammo. They sure know how to lose customers by not having ammo available and now marketing the crappy firearms they build now. I guess it's their new ownership run by libs and bean counters.