Originally Posted by gitem_12
The agency I worked for adopted the 357 Sig in glock 31 pistols as a duty firearm about my two years before I left

The 125 grain Gold dot is a great round.

A couple of incidents I remember were both critters, but two different circumstances.

The first involved a horse struck by a tractor trailer, the animal laid almost in the center of the road, and With houses and rubberneckers I decided not to risk a ricochet by shooting the animal in the head, so I fired a double tap through the ribs right behind the shoulder.

Upon rolling the animal over to remove it from the roadway we found both slugs exited the off side and embedded into the blacktop

The second was a road hit whitetail, that was thrashing about in a marshy area, and I wasn't wading out to shoot it.

I used the hood of my Tahoe as a rest and made and head shot at and bout 70 yards.dispatching the deer.
That shot was taken with a Sig P226

I'd like to see the 9mm boys do that.

Our Game commission switched to the 357 Sig from Smith 586 revolvers, every one I talk to says they are having great results on Black bear with it

I'm a civilian and haven't taken any game with the 357 Sig but can crunch melon sized snow clumps at a hundred yards with my P226 after a sighter or two with very little hold-over it seems. This is with the 124-gr loads. That's pretty flat for a low recoiling semi-auto cartridge.