Sambo,
Agree to a certain extent. Many of my friends and I try real hard to get our extreme spreads under double digits and succeed in some caes but only with equipment most guys won't spend the $$ on.
I don't think there is any way with a mechanical scale or most strain gauge electronic scales that a loader will succeed at doing it. The rest of the detail including weighing brass, reducing concentricity to under .003", micrometer bullet seaters with the proper stems to suit the bullets being used, match primers, primer pockets uniformed, and annealed necks every second firing have to be paid attention too.
It help too if whatever caliber a guy is shooting Lapua makes brass for it. Shoulder bump and neck clearance under .003" helps to eliminate any doubt there too. Bottom line as many of us know it is a pain and a lot of work to get there however I find it well worth the effort and that's what makes what we do fun. I have to know where the clean bore - cold bore shot is going to impact and to be confident ES needs to be as low as a guy can possibly get it IMHO.

Dave