Some have said Accubonds are their bullet of choice. I concur. I've taken game using Accubonds across the spectrum from 6mm to 375 caliber.

Another asked have you shot any other bullet. Yes, Speer,Grand Slam, Trophy Bonded Bear Claw, Barnes X, Barnes X XLC Coated, TSX, TTSX, Berger, Hornady V-Max, SST, Interlock and Interbond, Sierra Game Kings in Spitzer and HPBT, Combined Technology Fail Safe, Ballistic SilverTip, Nosler Solid Base, Ballistic Tip, and Partition, to mention a few.

Most of the critters I've shot have been under 300 lbs and include hogs to numerous to count, bear, deer,exotics (axis, black buck, sika) javelina, varmints and Aoudad sheep. Consequently I can't speak to critters like elk. I've recovered one Accubond from a white-tail doe shot lenghtwise. It went through the front shoulder and lodged under the skin of the flank. All others have been through and through. Distances from 30 yds to +/- 400 yds. Velocities from a low as 2,400 FPS MV to +/- 3,200 FPS MV.

Typically a small entry wound..........

[Linked Image]

and an exit wound that while not overly dramatic (IMHO somewhat larger that that of a Nosler Partition or TSX) at similar distances and MVs.

[Linked Image]

The hoglet in the above pix was shot at a distance of 175 yds with a 200 grain 8mm Accubond started at +/- 2,800 FPS and is typical of the results I see.

JAPPFT,

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 11/27/15.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.