I used to do all that stuff, then one fine day I was in a hurry to make up ammo for a varmint hunt, so I just took a new lot of Winchester .223 Remington unfired brass and ran it through my progressive loader. Didn't see a bit of difference between the obsessively prepared stuff and the lackadaisically ignored batch as far as accuracy was concerned. Next, I Tried it with some Winchester .204 Ruger brass, with the same result.

Nowadays I only do what needs to be done. For example, I had a batch of Nosler .204 Ruger brass that wouldn't allow primers to be seated below the case head, pockets too tight. Not just tight but too shallow, crooked, distorted and generally off enough to have been manufactured in Schenectady by a color blind former stripper (she told them she had plenty of experience with brass, but left out the part about the pole). That batch required a PPC type primer pocket uniformer (they're slightly tapered), as the regular small primer uniformer would jam up and become stuck. PITA.

If it ain't broke, I don't mess with it.

Now I only do the whole prep ritual to 6mm BR and 6mm PPC brass, just because. Neck turning is outside my lazy zone too, unless it's really necessary, like when a neck resembles a cam lobe.

When it comes to trimming I use only dedicated trimmers with 3-in-1 cutters, Forster or RCBS, or an old Hornady Cam-lock trimmer with an RCBS 3-in-1 trimmer head - yes they fit fine, and inside and outside chamfer while trimming to length - once and done. It's much more fun to be lazy, that way I can take a nap, drink beer, or vegetate watching cartoons in my underware. Life is good.

Last edited by WranglerJohn; 11/28/15.