Originally Posted by hatari

Ever here of Nick Marshall? Had pretty good season with him. About not being able to recruit a QB, seems to me the almighty Nicky had to get a leftover from FSU to run his team. How can that be with 8 #1 recruiting classes?

Alabama does not have the want or need for a "spotlight" QB. (See Les Miles thread) or this...

ETA:

"I like to play how our players can play," Saban said. "I liked the way we played last year when we had Amari Cooper catching 115 balls and running all over the place. I liked that. I like however we can play. This just happens to be the best way this team can play. Our best workhorse is a running back. ... I'm not a run-and-play-defense guy. I'm a score-however-you-can-score-and-play-defense guy."

Put down your Crimson koolaid for once or go to Al.com and jump in bed with Phyllis from Mulga. The Tide is having a good season so enjoy. Get off the scam thing, that was all with Miss St., or did you miss that?[/quote]

I listen to Finnebaum quite a bit. He even gave AU the benefit of the doubt saying they would only lose 4 or 5.

If you check real quick, AU has won 11 out of the last 20 Iron Bowls. Guess you missed conveniently forget the Mike/Mike/ Mike years (DuBois, Price, Shula) when Bama was 0-7.

[/quote]

Rebuilding takes time when done right. There will never be another Mal Moore, but his autobiography will provide some excellent insight into how it is done.

Auburn's woes lie within the program. What color is your koolaid? Sort of brown I bet.

Last edited by Bama_Rick; 11/29/15.