Originally Posted by Northerner
Originally Posted by agazain
The trigger guard on my f-i-l's Model 70 banged the trigger finger a LOT! A CZ550 won't. Otherwise, choose based on which stock fits you. Larger calibers change the game some and that cheek weld thing (keeping head on stock ) throughout recoil while looking directly through the scope really matters most.

2 cents

This was one of the concerns with the Alaskan, the full Monte Carlo vs. the raised cheekpiece of the SE. My concern is that having the full Monte Carlo will mess with the line of sight through the scope? Am I incorrect in thinking this? I suppose the only way to know for sure is to look at them both and see for myself...

The comb on the Monte Carlo is the same height as the straight combed Safari Express. The butt pad is lower instead. That's one of the reasons I think I might have liked the Alaskan better.

Take a look at where the heel of the butt pad often is when people shoot straight stocked rifles. Frequently the heel is sticking up in the air above the shoulder an inch or so, that's what the Monte Carlo is designed prevent. I tend to like the Monte Carlo style for this reason.

Last edited by Cougarz; 11/30/15.

Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice doggie" until you can find a rock.
Will Rogers