I have ordered three Cooper rifles thru a dealer, one Jackson Squirrel Rifle in 22LR, a Model 52 Excalibur in 30-06 and a Model 52 Excalibur in 25-06.

Both the 22lr and the 30-06 were cataloged standard rifles. If memory serves correctly the 22lr took around 6 months to get, the 30-06 around 8 months to get, which was right around the time was quoted by Cooper.

Now the 25-06 was special ordered with a stainless fluted barrel, which was not a cataloged item at that time. I spoke to Cooper directly and discussed this option and then placed the order thru my dealer. Cooper was good at that time to discuss your rifle options directly with them to avoid confusion and then just running the buy thru your local dealer. I had a problem with the 25-06. I was promised 7 months but 10 months later it arrived with the wrong barrel, and it was another 4 months to get the stainless barrel rifle I ordered for a total of 14 months wait. Now mistakes are made and I was trying to get a non-standard option but I was disillusioned with this particular order. Stuff happens and I am sure this is rare with Cooper because I have never heard of a delivery problem with them from others.

Now that 25-06 and the 30-06 are the most accurate rifles I own. The 30-06 has put 5 shots into 5/8" at 100 yds. with Federal Factory Premium 168 grain match HP.

I would not hesitate to order another rifle from them if I had the need.