For those that asked, this is an Eastern NC Bear. I wonder why I did not get over penetration? <grin>

Actually, this is the first .350 mag TSX that I ever caught, which surprised me. That said, his neck was crazy thick with dense muscle to support that noggin.

I guess you can't have it all; penetration and expansion but I am a real big 2 hole fan.

Again, thanks for the compliments. This time of year the sows tend to hole up before the boars and chances increase to kill a nice one despite the overall decrease in sightings / activity.

I scouted a place where the bears leave a huge bottomland thicket to enter the farm I hunt in the evenings. Because of farming activity it is almost impossible to spot a bear anytime but close to dark. Baiting is illegal during the second 2 week season (now), but that may eventually change. In the first part of the season, baiting is legal. That said, it is hard to be anywhere in eastern NC without being in close proximity to a deer bait pile. That can make for some splanin to a wildlife enforcement officer!

Interestingly enough, hound hunters can start their dogs on a bait pile and shoot a bear within sight of one and be perfectly legal, thus my comment about a change in baiting laws.

[Linked Image]

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb