In the meantime, we finally ran into a live wounded deer some weeks back after much rain washed any sign away. I worked tiger on the leash(he now has a GPS since he yanked the leash from me a week ago on another wounded one and was lost for 1.5 hours... well I was shook up he just ran the deer until he couldn't anymore and was back at the truck later... LOL but I was a wreck) working basically a grid in the way the buck went trying to cover stuff downwind as we expanded....

You could tell when he was getting whiffs...and certainly when he got it figured out and the buck stood up in tall grass... I could not grab the buck...and then turned the leash loose.. he ran the buck into a tank. Made me very happy.

He seems to get better all the time but is indifferent about easy trails... but I put him on every last one I have or that I can beg and borrow. He should be right at 30 finds right now, 2 losses... one for sure survived the other is mentioned above...

Still adapting equipment and working on a suppressed short AR for finishing shots if needed.

Need a GOOD harness... and a nice leather lead with a quick way to release the lead....

He found a gut shot buck this weekend for us, and one I shot a bit back on purpose with Bergers.... both pretty easy after a bit of time...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....