DLALLDER:
Top of the morning to you sir, I trust that this second weekend of 2016 finds you well and warm.

As mentioned by tuchodi - welcome here from the Okanagan tuchodi!! - I can't envision an elk hunt in BC that might give a guided hunter even remotely good odds of taking a bull without either horses or what most would consider a death march on foot.

I used to hunt with horses and my current favorite elk chasing spot is so full of shin tangle there'd be no chance of getting a horse in there. The major limiting factor for me personally when hunting is how many hours/how many trips on my back with meat the extraction will be.

Anyway this isn't meant as a discouragement sir - just some real world, local perspective.

If you've not traveled up into Canada to hunt for a bit, please take the time to peruse the stickied thread at the top here which contains a wealth of information for anyone coming up across the medicine line to hunt.

There are elk in all four western provinces - some really big specimens in Manitoba and Saskatchewan by the way - but I'm not certain if they're available to non-resident hunters.

Hopefully that was useful information for you or someone considering taking advantage of our 30% lower dollar. Good luck on your hunts whichever way you decide sir.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"