Originally Posted by gonesouth
I'm wanting a red dot optic for my 22lr plinkers. I have & can add a picatinny rail if necessary. I kind of want an Aimpoint but I'm open to any & all suggestions. I have old eyes so I don't want a piece of junk that's not clear. Thanks for any comments.
JD

"POWDER RIVER AND LET 'ER BUCK"

I need weak cheaters to get a really clear view with red dots (scopes can adjust enough, so far), but in a pinch, I can do without them. Whatever glasses you wear for distance vision should be fine with red dots.

I also have an older Burris Fastfire that works very well and is lighter and neater in appearance. It's a bit of a pain to adjust and has to be removed from the base to change the battery. Newer Fastfires have the battery compartment on top. The choice between reflex and tube-type depends on your taste and the type of firearm. The Sparc comes with mount risers that let you adjust the height.

If you want to try out the dot sight concept without investing a bunch of money, Amazon sells a relex sight for about $20 that offers red and green aiming points. Mine is mounted on my Crosman 1322 carbine. It's not weather-tight (you can see parts of the circuitry), but the dots are clear and so far it's held up. They sell gazillions of them and based on the reviews, people love 'em.

We want pictures of your rig when assembled.

Last edited by Pappy348; 01/11/16.

What fresh Hell is this?