Originally Posted by joken2
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by joken2
Originally Posted by BeanMan
Best mouse killer I've had. Some dogs live to retrieve balls or sticks. Spark lives to kill small furry things and spends a large portion of the day on the job. Some days I move the woodpile just so he can get some bit time action. 10 kill days are common.

[Linked Image]

My grandmother had a fat little black and tan rat-terrier that lived to kill mice and rats, too. If I hadn't watched it with my own eyes I don't know that I would have believed it but her dog would intentionally bait mice. You could give it a piece of biscuit but instead of eating it as most dogs would, it would take and drop it close to a mouse hole, then get back little ways and wait patiently for a mouse to come out.

Now there's a smart pup. I hope your family bred that dog to keep the bloodline going!

Geno

I don't believe they ever did intentionally breed the dog for puppies to keep but he could have locked up with some stray bitch wandering by. I do know he had a strong desire to because if he wasn't sleeping or hunting rodents he was hunting a leg to hump. Had to shut him up somewhere when company came over especially women and kids.

laugh laugh

That's funny, and I believe I've known a dog or two like that.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?