Originally Posted by Ringman
dennisinaz,

I hoped on the LRAB and was disappointed. I was hoping on the ELD-X and discovered they are not recommended for impacts higher than 2,500 feet per second. If these are even in the .700 range, they are going to be better than the others.....I hope. blush

LRAB are a perfect example of Nosler not actually testing the BC of thier bullets, Here is brian Litz tests for them. Can you say Nosler inflated that BC, yes but they probably on came up with a static BC.

[Linked Image]

With your 2500fps impact velocity at 700yards why not use a cutting edge mono vld? I think barnes recommends something like 2000FPS minium impact velocity to get good expansion. Super fast cartridges like the RUM's & WBY do well with barnes inside the reasonable shooting of 500yards becuase the bullet is going fast enough to expand reliably!

SO like i said if your only going to shoot to 700yards with a big A$$ case like a RUM then you dont need a super high BC bullet becuase your limiting yourself to 700yards.

also the BC for the 143gr ELD-X is G1.625 G7.315 Thats proven with the new equipment they used to test with.
http://www.hornady.com/store/6.5mm-.264-143-gr-ELD-X
Looks like they sure can survive 2500fps impact. look at the bullet in the link 2660FPS looks pretty good to me. But thats just me.

Last edited by Danny1788; 01/13/16.